On Saturday we had a huge birthday luau for the boys’ 1st birthday. We booked it at a city park that is close to our house.The weather was perfect – mid 80’s with very little wind. The party was well attended with around 100 adults & 40 kids! We had 2 other Triplet families in attendance, as well as several Twin families. We are extremely fortunate to have an active/friendly multiples community in our area and they are very supportive of each other! 🙂
Polar Ice (facebook link) catered our event. John & his wife Valerie went above & beyond, while Lou & Mike helped man the grills and the ice machine. We had so many compliments on how delicious the food was. It was a hot day in Northern California, so the Shaved Ice was really a treat for our guests. 🙂
For lunch we had:
- BBQ Chicken
- Fried Rice
- Beanie Weenies
- Fresh Garden Salad
- Fruit Salad
- Macaroni Salad
- Dinner Rolls
- Complimentary Shaved Ice
- Chiquita Mini Bananas, Nachos & Hot Dogs for the kids!
The boys loved all of the attention that they were getting from our friends & family! I have to admit, I was a little worried that they might have a meltdown from all of the attention/people. But it never happened! It was nice that so many of our cousins, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters & calabash family of friends gathered to celebrate the boys first birthday. Some were seeing them for the first time! Doctor Spivak who delivered Rachel’s older son Avery was in attendance, as well as Registered Nurse Amy S. from Kaiser’s Walnut Creek NICU.
A fun time was had by all!
Kaleo, Makani & Keoni’s 1st Birthday Luau
In lieu of gifts, we asked our guests to consider making a tax-deductible charitable donation to the National Pediatric Cancer Foundation. Together we raised over $600 for this cause! A cure for pediatric cancer begins with you. Through the National Pediatric Cancer Foundation, your donation can save lives.
I would like to take a moment to thank all of the people that pitched in to help make this a memorable & enjoyable event for all!
- Rachel – my wife, she did such an outstanding job, planning for the bounce house supervision, organizing/planning/purchasing decorations, organizing volunteers to help decorate & getting the boys ready for the party. I also want to thank her for being the best Super Hero Mom ever to our wonderful boys!
- Grandma Anne – she helped decorate and put out party favors, as well as being a fantastic grandma to our boys
- Grandpa John – for picking up the birthday balloons and being the father of my gorgeous wife!
- Avery A. – he was a big help with setup and helping to keep an eye on the boys.
- Ali C. – all of her artwork and creative ideas were on display for everyone to enjoy!
- Sergio S. – he was such a tremendous help with setup and organization! I could not have done this without him!
- Rosa M. – for picking up the birthday cake & knife! 🙂
- Craig V. – for helping us with setup & being such an awesome guy!
- John P. – Papa John, for blessing the food and being a great friend/papa to our boys!
- Bryan B. & Chris W. – for helping us with cleanup after the event.
- John A., Valerie A., Mike G. & Lou – Our caterers/friends. They catered the event and were fantastic in every way imaginable. If you are local to our area, please don’t hesitate to give Polar Ice a call!!!
- To everyone that took photos throughout the event. I love receiving photos from all of you!
- Rachel & I would also like to thank everyone for all of the thoughtful gifts for the boys – money, gift cards, diapers, clothes & toys! We will be sure to put them all to good use!
- For those of you that donated to NPCF – thank you again!!!
I truly apologize if I left anybody out! (I am sure Rachel will let me know if I did! 🙂 )
Mahalo Nui Loa Na Ho’olaule’a A Me La Kaua!
(Thank you for celebrating with us!)