Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!
For the last post of 2017 I would like to start off by reflecting on the year that has been. Last year we experienced so much joy as a family and the boys have reached many new milestones! 🙂
Visit with Santa at Nick’s Cove
The boys are all: walking, talking, running, climbing, screaming, crying, eating, playing, exploring, building, fighting, singing, peeing, pooping, destroying and more than anything – They are just TOO DAMN CUTE!!!
The Rombeiro Christmas House in Novato
Here’s a quick recap of 2017:
- January: the year started out with a family trip to Sea Ranch – it was our first ‘Real’ vacation away from home with the boys.
- April: Rachel had abdominal wall reconstructive surgery to help repair the damage to her abdomen as a result of her diastasis recti.
- June: my Golden State Warriors won the NBA Championship for the 2nd time in the last 3 years. I was lucky enough to attend a regular season and post season game!!! I love the DUBS… 💚
- August: brought us another family trip – this time to South Lake Tahoe. We had a fabulous time. I think that the boys love to be on vacation just as much as Mommy and Daddy do! 😀
- September: the big TWO (2) arrived and we celebrated with a small birthday party (35 people) for the boys in our backyard.
- October: brought the most destructive wildfires in California’s recorded history to our area. Our friends and family were safe, but thousands of people weren’t as lucky and lost everything.
There have also been numerous trips exploring Kids Activity centers, various playgrounds, pumpkin patches, driving around looking at Christmas lights, dining at restaurants and visiting the Oakland Zoo. Our boys love to get out and about!
The Boys Love 💚💚💚:
Playing with blocks, building wooden frame railroad tracks, trains, riding their scooters, going to the playground, going to the zoo, riding in the car, drawing or painting, hot wheels, garbage trucks, dump trucks, tractors, motorcycles, police cars, boats, helicopters, airplanes, reading books, puffs, fruit, daddy’s cooking, Cars I, II & III, Despicable Me I, II & III, Toy Story I, II & III, Sesame Street, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Pitch Perfect I & II, Christmas lights, swimming, playing in the backyard, going to the beach, eating at restaurants, Grandma, Mommy, brother Avery & sitting on Daddy’s lap!!!
On a Personal Note:
I think that I have done pretty well with the transition to fatherhood. In the last year I have been lucky enough to enjoy a little bit of travel – a couple of ‘Guys’ trips with my buddy Rob and a few family getaways. To be honest – I barely have any free time. We have been so busy with the boys, I know that Rachel and I would love to spend ‘more time‘ together – just us!!! Yet, it is still a challenge to organize ‘a night out with my beautiful wife’. We manage to do it here and there, but it would be impossible without the help of Aunty Elva, cousin Krista, cousin Julie and Grandma. (We are eternally grateful for all of the Support and Love that we have received raising these boys!) I hope that the New Year allows us the opportunity to spend even more time together!!! One thing Rachel and I will always agree on – we will do everything in our power to provide a happy and healthy home for our 3 little guys. Even if we have to sacrifice time spent with each other. I Love my Boys with all my heart! 💚💚💚
Congratulations to Justin and Libby on the birth of their girls – Olivia, Everly & Isla💚💚💚 They are beautiful!!!
Mahalo E Ke Akua No Keia la
(Thanks be to God for this day)
Our year in pictures:
Christmas Ornaments 2017
Kaleo rockin’ the Dubs
SCMoM’s Christmas Party
Rub a dub dub
Thanksgiving dance party
Mommy & Makani
Theater full moon
Don’t take my picture!
As we rebuild
Keoni worn out
Makani dress up
my nephew and I playoffs
Kaleo Beach Day
Makani Beach Day
Keoni eating driftwood on the beach
Kaleo & Makani
Avery, mom & the boys